Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Floyd County has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem. In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Flood water may have carried sewage or chemicals into your home. This could expose you or your family to viruses, bacteria, disease carriers (such as mosquitoes), and parasites, as well as mold. Below are a few tips to keep your family safe. If there’s any suspicion of mold, it’s imperative to get the professionals at SERVPRO of Floyd County in to your home immediately. Call us today!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (706) 802-1085
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Floyd County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Floyd County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Cave Springs
- Mount Berry